Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Insurance smurance

I'm working on my appeal to the insurance company to try to get them to cover Gileyna. I have a rough outline thingy but am having trouble making full sentences and paragraphs never mind a full letter. At least there isn't a word limit because it is probably going to be pretty lengthly. Hopefully i can make it concise. Blah, I don't want to deal with this.

I'm pretty sure the insurance company is jerking me around. We are $12 away from the max out of pocket amount. And now claims seem to be taking much longer to process. We should have already reached the max out of pocket but now claims are disappearing or being reduced so we are still $12 away. I'm happy that the insurance company is negotiating with the doctors for lower prices but why haven't they been doing that the whole time not just when they are about to have to pay?

I'm supposedly no longer being audited but I have heard that before so I'm not holding my breath. Yesterday, the insurance company hung up on me. After being shuffled around a few times and being put on hold for over an hour, I was disconnected. Not sure if it was intentional or not but I was done dealing with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment